AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011

Parenting Advice

I am in no way calling myself an expert. Far from it, in fact. But I just want to throw this out there:

We would not be surviving without the help of my fabulous sister and a book she sent me. I forget when I received it, but at the time I was thinking, "Okay, a baby book. I'll read that once I have a baby" and continued to focus on my pregnancy. I wish I had taken the time to read it before Ash showed up.

The book, my friends, is called "Happiest Baby on the Block" by Harvey Karp. While not the best written book (in fact, I find it kind of annoying), it is chock-full of great information. If I had read this ahead of time, our 2 night stay in the hospital would have been SO much easier. We can now calm our baby in seconds flat. Wonderful. :)

2 comments:

  1. hey lady! I hope you are doing well! I saw your comment on my blog! I found some shirts but really appreciate your love!! I cant wait to meet your little guy. Let me know on FB when you are coming in- I want to make sure I am there!

    ReplyDelete