AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Talk about hormotional!

So a few days ago, I realized we'd never added any bottles to our registry. I'm planning to breastfeed, but as I have to return to work after 12 weeks, I'll need bottles to feed Oliver during the daytime. It was 4 am when I had this epiphany, so of *course* it was a huge deal and had to be taken care of immediately. I pulled out my trusty laptop, opened the BRU website, and logged into our account.

And that's when I noticed that there had been quite a few items (some of them pretty pricey!) purchased. And I lost it. I started crying. Our friends and family have just been so freaking generous between our wedding and our baby. We are so damn lucky.

My sister, mom, aunt and step-mom hosted a shower for us this past weekend. It was absolutely wonderful. Not only did we get some adorable and sweet gifts, but I got to see my family and friends. My sister lives across the country, and I hardly ever get to see her. (Though surely this is the true secret to our functional relationship. ;) We CAN'T annoy each other 2000 miles apart!) I also got to see 3 of my nearest and dearest friends. I miss them like woah.

We've finished moving! Our old place is cleaned and keys have been returned to our landlord. We're still working on unpacking our new place, and the nursery is a complete disaster. Not only have we not unpacked any of the baby stuff, but we have no where to PUT the baby stuff. Why? Because we still don't have furniture for Oliver's room.

The Mr. and I are incredibly picky when it comes to furniture. We'll find a crib that we like, but the changing table won't be quite what we're looking for. Then we find a changing table that we like, and shockingly, ALSO love the crib, but the set is no longer available for purchase. Now, truthfully, I'm not particularly worried about having a crib set up because Oliver will be sleeping in our room for the first few months anyway. However, not having the changing table and a dresser set up is driving me BONKERS. I have limited time to "nest" (6ish weeks!) and I want to get crackin'!

In other news, we've written a first draft of our birth plan! We'll review it at our next appointment, but it feels good to have something done. :)

2 comments:

  1. It was so great seeing you. I just visited my friend who has a one year old, and her daughter had almost chewed through the rail of her crib. My friend just now learned that they make protector things for cribs to prevent this...I thought I should warn you early. So, when you finally find a crib- get the little protector thing unless you want ruined wood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm from thebump's Dec 2010 forum! Was just dropping in to say hi! I've been trying to meet new blogging people especially mommies who will have little ones the same age as mine. :)

    ReplyDelete